Press Release: Offbeatr.com Adult-Only Crowdfunding Site Raises Over $60,000 for Projects
Los Angeles, California - Offbeatr.com, the only crowdfunding website dedicated to sex and adult related projects, celebrated it’s 5 month anniversary by raising over $60,000 for its project creators. Thanks to Offbeatr’s unique voting phase, whereby only projects who receive a minimum number of votes can go on to raise money, projects have had an 80% success rate compared to 40% on other popular crowdfunding sites.
Since launch in August 2012 Offbeatr has:
- Raised over $60,000 in contributions ranging from $5 to $2000 for 5 projects
- Raised over $10,000 in one day for the project Fantasy Sex Game: Furoticon Online, which went on to raise $39,000 in total exceeding its goal of $25,000
- 600 financial supporters who pledged on average of $100 each
- Received over 4000 votes for over 70 projects. Projects like Bipartisan Slash (political porn comic), Venus Rising (World of Warcraft with sex), Needle Play Video (BDSM educational video), Football Parody (gay parody film), and the Grace Alley Mural Project (erotic mural painted in San Francisco)
- An 80% success rate for projects who met their vote goal
- Received over 200 project pitches including ideas like Virtual Reality Porn Glasses, Sexy Hipster Girls, and Oppan Gangbang Style (porn parody of Oppa Gangnam Style)
- Over 4000 registered users and over 1,000,000 page views
"What’s been amazing is seeing how passionate people are about supporting projects they care about even if they happen to be adult," said Offbeatr.com and ExtraLunchMoney.com CEO, Ben Tao. "Supporters care just as much about bringing Furoticon online as the people who wait hours in line to get an iPhone 5."
A big part of the success of Offbeatr has come from the hard work and perseverance from its project creators.
"We work hard to bring a quality product to our customers, and that’s made more difficult by printing companies who refuse to print adult material. Our campaign centered around bringing our card game to an online format for a reason — online, people will be able to play with friends around the world! “ Said Seppel. “Sex is a part of most adults’ lives, and the celebration of sex through images is just as natural as that through text — but 50 Shades of Grey is in your local library; Furoticon (TM) will be difficult to get into your local gaming store."
"Our goal when we created Offbeatr was to give project creators a chance to make their adult projects into a reality through crowdfunding," said Tao. "We’re thrilled we’ve been able to follow through."
To pitch a project idea or explore projects visit: http://offbeatr.com/
Offbeatr.com, a non-equity based crowdfunding platform for sex and adult related creative projects. In addition to offering rewards in exchange for support, project creators can sell digital content to raise money for their projects.
About Extra Lunch Money:
Extra Lunch Money is the company behind extralunchmoney.com, a social marketplace for models to market and sell custom and pre-made digital content, and offbeatr.com, a platform to allow people to crowdfund adult creative projects. Extra Lunch Money is dedicated to creating innovative and safe platforms to allow people to explore sexuality in positive ways.